Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Problems with ISDN line (Read 7680 times)
Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:17pm

claire.gibson   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAUDIO.COM is fab!

Hi there,

We have recently purchased an ISDN to enable us to do radio interviews at our office. It has been working fine until the last couple of weeks, when we've experienced a high pitched 'screech' through the headphones at our end, and the interviewers at the other end of the line can't pick up anything at all.

Any comments on this asap would be very much appreciated

Thanks
C

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 2:48pm

RaLex   Offline
YaBB Newbies
www.ralex.be
Belgium

Dear Claire,

At first glance, it seems to me as if there is a problem with the configuration of the attached equipment and/or the cabling. However I don't know what kind of equipment you're using and what kind of protocols (encryption) you're using. Has the cabling changed since the beginning and what kind of cabling are you using (twisted pair (cat 5?) / flat (telephone) cables)?

Before being able to give you any advise, please inform us about your infrastructure.

Best regards, Ramon

RaLex Solutions BVBA&&Tervuren, Belgium&&
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 4:57pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello Claire,

If I read your message correctly then you got this screech during a session, the session disconnected at that point and you have not been able to do any further sessions.

Have you tried ringing into your system with a standard telephone or mobile phone? You do not mention if you are having an issue with outgoing calls - do these work? And if not - what is the error message that you are getting?

A screech during an MP2 or MP3 session usually means corrupted data, which can be caused by something as simple as an ISDN lead not being plugged in properly. This would of course also stop you from getting any further connections. I have also seen something similar with cables exceeding a length of (say) 15 meters.

Best regards,

Edwin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print