Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Talkback Issue & Feed back - AudioTx (Read 823 times)
Mar 11th, 2006 at 3:33am

mikehud   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAUDIO.COM is fab!

Hi all,

I think I may have a problem in the way I set up my system for professional voiceover(this is what my wife does).  I'm currently running the Demo version of AudioTx, so I hope I can get it straightened out before it expires.  If everything works fine I'll buy it.

I ran a test recently with a "local" voiceover studio.  They could hear my wife fine but she could't hear them (talkback).  They also said they heard what they thought was some feedback as she spoke.

Here is my setup:

I'm running AudioTx on a Windows XP PC with a Diva PCI ISDN card & an  M-Audio AUDIOPHILE 2496 SOUNDCARD.  I also use a ART MicroMix Mic Preamp.

I have the mic connected to the pre-amp input.  The mic pre-amp output is connected to the soundcard Input.

I have the headphones connected to the outputs of the soundcard via the headphone cable - this seems like a straightforward setup to me.   

** When I ran a test by just dialing up our isdn line with our house phone - the talkback worked fine - I could hear her & she could hear me through AudioTx.

Could there be some setting I need to change in AudioTx or the soundcard?  I did adjust the gain on the preamp a bit but still got some feedback.

Any Thoughts?

As always, thanks for your help.
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 2:37pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello Mike,

The way you've setup the system looks fine to me. I'm a bit surprised that the studio could hear feedback from your end while you could not even hear them at your end... It is of course always possible that the error was at their end and not yours.

There are no options within the AudioTX Communicator that will enable/disable feedback. It is possible that there is a setting in the mixer of your sound card. Make sure that the sound card is not mixing any playback audio into the recording audio since that is what causes the remote end to hear the feedback.

Normally I would suggest to test with a standard telephone - you already did that and had a good result. In that case I can only suggest to do a test with someone else and see how that goes.

Best regards,

Edwin.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 7:34pm

mikehud   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAUDIO.COM is fab!

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem with not being able to hear "talkback" from the other end was a bad headphone extension cable.  Once I replaced the cable, the talkback came through loud and clear.

The issue with feedback was probably the setting on the soundcard mixer.  I unchecked one of the settings.  In any case it went away during further testing.

Thanks again for youre help.
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print