Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Problem connecting CDQ2000 with Pronto Prodys ... (Read 16080 times)
Mar 9th, 2011 at 12:51pm

Mr Dip Switch   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help with a problem that I am having connecting a Musicam CDQ2000 with a Pronto Prodys?
I have flipped the dip switch 6 up and flipped the Decoder switches down on the CDQ2000 and am framing fine with the Prodys, but they cannot hear me; though I can hear them!

The Radio Station with the Priodys  tell me that they have a Prodys Pronto and the settings are:

encoder: mpg layer 2
CCS - Telos
128Kbps
48khz stereo

As regards this end.  I have an old CDQ2000 with EasyCall TA.

I have set the bottom decoder dip switch 6 to 'up' and flipped both line select decoder switches to down.

Incidentally, I noticed (first time out of the rack in a long time!) that my encoder dip switch 6 is in the 'up' position too.  That's how I have been using it successfully up to now, but I have know idea whether I need to hit that down for this new connection?

My encoder Line Switches are both in the down setting.

I am on 128kbps and have flipped between Dual Mono and Joint Stereo whilst attempting to hook up with the Radio Station.

Usually I just have it set to Dual Mono.

Regarding the EasyCall TA, I haven't changed anything.

As described, I am framed and can hear them, but they can't hear me at all.
Any help much appreciated!!

Steve

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 5:04pm

Mr Dip Switch   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!

Just to let you know that I have had some success by (in addition to DIP switch 6 UP on the Decoder) by pushing DIP switch 4 UP on the Encoder.

All works fine, although apparently it might depend on the software version on the Pronto Prodys, as one codec that we tried wouldn't play ball; just in case anyone else comes up against this (which is probably unlikely considering my 1992 CDQ2000).  I may well be the only one left using one!

All works well now, thank you  Smiley

Steve

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print