Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Need ISDN & Inmarsat B help (Read 8691 times)
Oct 23rd, 2007 at 7:21pm
steverut   Ex Member

I do a daily Radio origination from our office to a Radio Station in Pasadena, CA, and are using the Telos Zephyr to dial into the Stations Zephyr. We are wanting to do a couple of Hour Long Remotes in the Middle of nowwhere, and to that end, wanted to use a Inmarsat B SatPhone that has a EIA 530 HSD port on it. I have been reading that ISDN channels are similar to the HSD channels available on the Inmarsat B network.

My question is this, If I can hookup the Zephyr to the SatPhone's EIA-530 port, can I dial the Stations ISDN number to Sync the Zephyrs together and go on the air with decent audio???

Any and I mean ANY help would really be appreicated

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 3:47am
RolfTaylor   Ex Member

Been there done that. Broadcasts form Antarctica were done this way

You need

1) The correct "v.35" cable for the terminal. It should terminated in a big female AMP connector

2) Telos V.35 cable. Use the first port

3) Telos V.35 card for your Zephyr is yours does not have it already. It looks like a SCSII-II connector on the back.

Set the Zephyrs Network setting to V.35. All modes will act like you are using B1 only.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 1:02pm
steverut   Ex Member

Hey.. thanks for getting back to me, Finally I have a real user.. I have a 25 Pin RS-530 Port on the SAT terminal for HSD. How do I interface the V.35 into a 25 pin "Centronics" port.

Also to get the bandwith, I have been told that I need to run out of the Telos into a Scotty i-sync that will split the feed into two 64K channels, and using two Inmarsat b terminals lockup with the Radio Station.  What was your setup and workflow

Thanks So Much

Steve

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print