YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
New to ISDN Recording (Read 7267 times)
Mar 3rd, 2005 at 7:05pm
Newbie   Guest

I work at studio that is interseted in ISDN primarily to allow producers who are off-site to have a good quality audio link to musicians that are on site.  im pretty familliar with the techinical procedure with ISDN (Codec compressing, B-lines...) i just cant seem to find info about the actualy provider who gives you the ISDN line?  can you guys hip me to this?

thanks in advance,

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2005 at 7:09pm
Newbie   Guest

i need info like: how much does it cost a month (i know the codec the actual hardware and does not requre a monthly fee.. im talking about the isdn provider).  do i need to use a different type of POT line (ie install an entirely new type of cabling) or can i get an adapter to connect to the POT line i have now and use it?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 4:18pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

To make ISDN connections you need an ISDN line. You can not use standard phonelines with ISDN codecs I'm afraid. There are no adapters that change your standard phone line into an ISDN line.

The price of the installation and the subscription mainly depend on where you live. On the southern tip of the Northpole it is probably quite a hassle to get an ISDN line... And it will be quite expensive...

The best advise I can give you on that point is to talk to a number of phone companies in your area and look at the price differences. Don't only look at the setup and monthly costs, but also look at the costs for connections.

The one thing that is important though is that you will need to be able to make and accept local and long distance data calls (as well as voice calls).  When you ask your phone company for the ISDN line quote, please ensure that these (long distance) data calls are part of it!

Best regards,

Edwin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print