Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
framing up CDQ 2000 @128k (Read 1009 times)
May 18th, 2004 at 6:38pm

From the old message board   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi All, One of our studios uses a Musicam CDQ 2000 with an Easycall TA. This setup is connected to a business highway system.

We dial port 1 on the TA @ 64k and get 2way connection OK (albeit @ lower quality) when we dial in the second port on the TA (to get 128k) we lose the 2-way , ie, we cannot send a signal out, but we can get a 128k signal in.

With this in mind we've had Nicral bench test the CDQ & the TA, no faults found, BT have checked the lines, again no faults found. When we ask a third party to dial us, we get both ports and 128k both ways without problem.

Please help!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 18th, 2004 at 6:43pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello,

If you are able to receive at 128k fine, but the other end is not able to receive the 128k from you then the codec at the other end does not understand what you are sending.

This may be caused by the setup of your encoder, or the setup of the decoder at the other end. Is the codec at the other end compatible with your CDQ 2000?

I assume that you are using 48kHz/mono, which is the most compatible 128k setting and that you also switch over to 128k on the front panel when the second channel has been connected.

If the other system is a CDQPrima or another MusicamUSA codec model then there will be no compatibility problem and you only need to check the configuration for both codecs.  Are they both set to the same  "dependent" mode?

If the other system is an AudioTX then you only need to check your own encoder settings as AudioTX does the rest automatically for you. For any other brand of codec you first need to check the compatibility – if it actually should work with a CDQ2000 on 128kbps.

If you can tell me a bit more about your setup and the remote codec (and its setup) then I can give you a more accurate answer.

Best regards,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print