Welcome to our forum.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Voiceover Newbie... (Read 5842 times)
May 18th, 2004 at 6:25pm

From the old message board   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I'm new to the voice over business. I've built myself a home studio with a pc D.A.W. with a professional Mic and Mixer... using Cool Edit Pro as my audio editor.

Now I have some potential bi-coastal clients. I know an ISDN connection would make that possible. But I already have broadband cable modem with an average speed of 1500 kbs. Is there software that will allow me to dial into ISDN lines using my cable connection?

I know AudioTX Communicator lets you dial into an Network/IP (I downloaded the demo)... but I wanna dial directly into studio ISDN lines using my Fast Internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 18th, 2004 at 6:27pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello,

The problem is that ISDN is a synchronous connection and that cable modems are asynchronous. It is technically not possible to “call” an ISDN line from a cable modem directly, due to this difference.

Currently you can only make ISDN to ISDN calls and IP to IP calls. IP to ISDN (or the other way around) is not possible.

Maybe if someone sets up a kind of bridging service it would be possible – but until then you will need ISDN if you want to make a call to an audio codec that is on ISDN only.

Best regards,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print