Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Musicam CDQ Prima 120 "ISDN Down" Problem (Read 10217 times)
Dec 20th, 2013 at 1:34pm

radioalex   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!

Hi There

I have just purchased and set up a Prima 120 in my studio. I am having issues getting it to dial/connect as i get the message "ISDN Down" every attempt.

There is a steady green light on the back of the unit where the isdn cable connects to the TA201, and the loopback test works correctly when I put a signal through the codec. I have also checked that both DIF1 and DIF2 are set to use the TA201.

The line is set up as point-to-multipoint and BT have checked the line and it isn't showing any faults.

I have spoken with the manufacturers in New York and they have ran through all the troubleshooting with me and seem to think that it is an issue with the line itself.

Can anyone offer any advice? Are there any specific configurations that I should make BT Openreach aware of in order for the codec to work?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on the subject, this is the first time that I've had to set up a studio ISDN from scratch.

Any advice very gratefully received!

Alex

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 3:13pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello Alex,

Please double-check that the DIFs are also set to "UK" operation, although I presume that the people in New York will have checked this with you.

If you know another studio with an ISDN line in your area then you may want to take your unit there to try it out on their line - or ask someone with a known-good unit to come and test your line. Unfortunately I know no way to make the Prima tell you what is actually wrong with the line. This is one of those cases where something more verbose than just "ISDN down" would be useful.

We have done installations in the recent past where we were told by the line provider that the line was setup for point-to-multipoint, but when we arrived it wasn't. (We knew it wasn't setup correctly since these were AudioTX Communicator installations and Communicator provides more detail in its error messages).

Please note that the change to point-to-multipoint is only a simple change at the branch exchange and does not require an engineer to visit you.

Best regards,

Edwin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print