Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
CDQ1000, 1200, 2000 help (Read 11561 times)
Jan 18th, 2013 at 5:46pm

intaudiom   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!
UK

Hi there...

I recently acquired one each of the above (in the bush house auction as it happens) and am hoping to use them in a radio project I am booked for this summer, which involves overseas radio stations dialling into my studio and taking my output.

Last year I used a couple of Glensound GSGC5 units (G722) for this purpose but, although they worked fine, they took up too much space, so I wanted a rackmounted unit, hence getting the above.

I've used CDQ Primas in the past (some while ago, I admit) and these all had built in TA's to connect the units directly to an ISDN-2 via an RJ45. However, on these older units, there is nowhere to plug an RJ45 in.

Can anyone tell me how I connect these units to the outside world? Do I need an external TA and, if so, which would you recommend?? Or shall I just chuck them in a skip and buy something a little more up to date???...

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 3:48pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello,

These units are X.21 codecs and do indeed require an external TA (sometimes also called "diallers") before you can use them on ISDN. The external TA connects to the codec via the X.21 interface and the ISDN plugs straight into the TA. The TA will have a keypad and a display so that you can dial numbers and accept calls.

I don't think that these external TAs are still being manufactured and 2nd hand they are becoming quite rare. They were made specifically for these X.21 codecs and became obsolete when codecs with internal TAs (like the CDQ Prima) appeared on the market.

You may be better off with something like AudioTX Communicator, which offers better audio quality and compatibility than the old non-ISDN CDQ codecs.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:32pm

intaudiom   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!
UK

Thanks for the reply....I thought that would be the case...so...if anyone has a suitable unwanted TA please let me know....alternatively, does anyone need a second hand CDQ1000, 1200 or 2000 ???

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print