Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Using Audiotx for Audio over ip (Read 8408 times)
Oct 24th, 2012 at 9:03pm

Karl Svenson   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!
East Yorkshire, UK

Hi There.

Just wondering if I can get some help.

I've been using Audiotx at home, but using the Audio/ip facility..  I have my system setup to receive and send, however I have difficulty in connecting to other sites, purely (I think) it's because their router / firewall isn't set up correctly to receive incoming calls. 

IIRC, you have to set up your routers Firewall to accept incoming and outgoing calls, using Port 5003..   However trying to explain this to some voiceovers has proven difficult, as I guess that they are not technically minded..

Has anyone else come across this, and can someone give me any advice to pass onto the voiceovers who I use to ovecome this problem.

Thanks
Karl.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:39am

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello Karl,

With most firewalls/routers it is only necessary to setup forwarding for incoming connections. Outgoing connections should already work fine without the need for additional network related configuration.

Unfortunately each firewall or router vendor uses their own configuration system with completely different menu and access system. They don't even agree on how the functionality is called. Some do call it "port forwarding", but others may call it "application sharing" or even "game sharing". This makes it impossible to create a one-size-fits-all guide that can be used by a non-techie to setup port forwarding and troubleshoot connection issues.

Having said that, this should not necessarily be a problem. A studio can setup their routers to accept the incoming connections and give their public IP address and port number to the VOs who they like to do a session with. The VOs can then simply connect to the studio, rather than the other way around. In the end it does not matter that much who makes the connection; there are no call charges related to the IP connections. This means that VOs don't need to do any setup on their own routers and that all the setup is done at the studio end, where it is more likely that there is a technician available.

Best regards,

Edwin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print