Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Can I use ISDN as a phone patch? (Read 13528 times)
Apr 20th, 2010 at 1:22am

Peter   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!
London, UK

I'd like to use my ISDN line as a phone patch. If I call my ISDN on another phone line, I can hear myself talking through the mic. However, I cannot hear the playback of anything recorded. How can I get the playback to be heard down the phone line as well as on my own monitors?
I am using a PC with Windows XP, I have a Creative Audigy II sound card, AudioTX Comunicator codec and WavePad 3.05 as a sound editor.
Many thanks.
Peter.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 10:56am

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello Peter,

AudioTX Communicator will indeed answer standard phone calls on your ISDN line and act like a phone patch. Even with a standard setup (mic and headphones) you will be able to make a normal phone conversation with AudioTX Communicator.

How do you playback the recorded material? Do you use the "file play" system that is built into AudioTX Communicator or do you play it back through WavePad?

If you are using WavePad then you will need a separate sound card to output the audio and a small mixer to mix it with your mic signal and get it into the inputs of the sound card used by AudioTX Communicator.

If you use the "file play" system of AudioTX Communicator then it should just work out of the box.

Best regards,

Edwin.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2010 at 3:22pm

Peter   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!
London, UK

Thanks Edwin.
Sorry for not respoding sooner. I thought this site was going to email me when there was a reply to my topic but nothing arrived.

I play back through Wavepad. I've tried the file play function in AudioTX but that seems to be only for cueing up pre-recorded files. Once I'm connected, I cannot play files I'm currently recording - which surely is the point. If you know a way around that, I'd really like to know.

Peter.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2010 at 10:56am

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello Peter,

The file playback system in AudioTX Communicator is indeed meant to playback pre-recorded items. Like for example a reporter in the field would do - interview people in the street and later while being live on air playback the interviews as part of the report.

If you want to playback a session that you just recorded with Wavepad then you need a separate sound card for Wavepad. This then allows you to use a little mixer to mix the output of that sound card with the sound of your microphone and offer that audio on the input of the sound card used by Communicator.

The reason for using two sound cards is that you want to keep the audio received from the ISDN separate. If you do not keep it separate then the person on the other side will receive their own audio back as a nasty echo.

Best regards,

Edwin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print