Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
ISDN v. DSL (Read 1121 times)
Feb 6th, 2009 at 4:02pm

GaryK   Offline
YaBB Newbies
ISDNAudio is fab!

I'm using dsl for web connect and isdn for audio.  It suddenly occured to me that I may be wasting money.
What's the up or downside of: A. Using isdn for both, or B. Using dsl for both through an ip to isdn bridge service.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
GaryK

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:28am

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

Hello GaryK,

Using the Internet for audio sessions is something AudioTX Communicator (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) users have been doing for a number of years now. The benefits are not only the low running costs, but also the fact that most broadband connections allow you to use a higher bitrate (and thus audio quality) for the connection when compared to the 128kbps limit of a single ISDN line.

The downside is that ISDN and broadband are completely different technologies. To be able to connect to a standard ISDN codec (like a CDQ Prima or a Telos Zephyr) you need to use an ISDN call and you can't do this over the Internet. Unless you use a third party bridging service.

To see if you can stop having an ISDN line you need to speak with the people you regularly do sessions with. If they are already using AudioTX Communicator then they will be able to take calls over the Internet as well as ISDN. If they do not use Communicator then they may still be interested in switching over due to the lower running cost.. To do audio sessions over the Internet you need to have AudioTX Communicator as well of course.

Another way of doing sessions over the Internet is described here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print