Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Codec for recording studio (Read 6347 times)
May 24th, 2004 at 4:12pm

From the old message board   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I am interested in adding ISDN connectivity to our recording facility primarily to use voice talent at other studios with similar capability.

Does anyone know if somthing like the CDQprima 220 would be a good choice???

Thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 24th, 2004 at 4:20pm

Edwin van den Oosterkamp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love ISDNAudio.COM!

The CDQ Prima 220 is indeed a suitable device for recording studios in order to use voice talent and to get the finished product to the client.

The CDQ Prima 220 is capable of combining multiple ISDN lines to increase the quality of the audio. It can use up to 3 lines at the same time (which is 6 B-channels).
If you do not require the use of multiple ISDN lines then you may want to have a look at the CDQ Prima 120 or the CDQ Prima LT – these hardware codecs (from the same manufacturer) use only one ISDN line and cost less then a CDQ Prima 220. Please note that voice over artists will only have one ISDN line installed - you may find that you will use the multiple line capabillity only on very few occasions (if not never)!

Apart from the hardware codecs I mentioned above, you may also want to have a look at the AudioTX Communicator and the AudioTX Capture software ISDN codecs...

AudioTX Communicator is a single ISDN line (combining two B channels) live audio codec. It also has audio over IP functionality. This allows you to connect over broadband - this means no connection costs and higher audio quality compared to a double channel ISDN connection.

The other software codec “AudioTX Capture” can be seen as an answer machine for ISDN codecs – mostly in use by radio stations to get their spots delivered while there is nobody in. Please check Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register for more information on these systems.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print