Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  Home Our Website HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Basic Audio TX Communicator system? (Read 6317 times)
May 24th, 2004 at 3:23pm

From the old message board   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Our new post facility needs to incorporate ISDN. Being a COMPLETE novice on the subject, I've done some research via the web and came across the Audio TX Communicator.
I think this would work great for us. We need to be able to record simple vo work with "outside" talent. Our local phone company will install an ISDN line with the following: Connection type-National ISDN-1 2B+D *Two 64Kbps circuit-switched or packet-switched digital channels(B channels) *One 16Kbps packet-switched digital channel(D channel) Signaling rate-144Kbps, Premises equip. interface-NationalISDN-1 network termination(NT-1)
I understand I need an ISDN terminal adapter card. Is that the "TA" they are refering to? For the Soundcard can I get by with an outboard unit by the name of Audiophile USB? I just need to know I'm covering all the bases. I don't mean to turn this into rocket science.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 24th, 2004 at 3:24pm

Mo-ISDNAUDIO.COM   Offline
YaBB Moderator

Hi -

AudioTX Communicator is a very nice solution for your kind of application. It's very cost effective and offers excellent quality... it tends also to be easier to use than most ISDN units as it requires the user to make few manual settings.

As regards your specifics... It appears that your ISDN line will come with an NT-1 unit (this is required for all of the standard ISDN cards - TAs as you say). I would recommend that you get the Eicon Diva PCI ISDN card - we can supply this with the software.

USB audio cards work fine on most machines so that should be ok too.

M.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print